Mar 20, 2021 09:00am - Mar 21, 2021 05:00pm
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Feb 20, 2021 9:00 AM - Feb 21, 2021 5:00 PMVirtual Class, EST Timezone
DESCRIPTIONAs a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®), you’ll help the Scrum Team perform at their highest level. CSMs also protect the team from both internal and external distractions. Through the certification process, you will learn the Scrum framework and gain an understanding of team roles, events, and artifacts.
- Expand your career opportunities across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Demonstrate your attainment of core Scrum knowledge
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the role
- Engage with Agile practitioners committed to continuous improvement
- Lean, Agile, and Scrum
- Scrum Master Core Competencies
- Service to the Development Team
- Service to the Product Owner
- Service to the Organization
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Existing Scrum Masters, Software developers, testers, project/product managers, and other practitioners involved in software development.
- 1+ years of related experience.
- Attend an in-person, 16-hour course taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST®)
- After successfully completing the course, you will need to take the 50 question CSM test and answer 37 out of the 50 questions correctly within the 60-minute time limit
- After you pass the CSM test, you will be asked to accept the CSM License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile
- This course earns you 16 SEUs within the Scrum Alliance
Maintain your CSM certification by earning Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and renewing your certification every two years.
About Our Trainer
A Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), product innovator, and digital leader, Valerio Zanini is passionate about creating products that customers love. He is the author of the book “Deliver Great Products That Customers Love” and works with organizations worldwide to learn and adopt Agile and Product practices.
With more than 20 years of professional experience spanning software development, system integration, agile transformation, design thinking, and product innovation, he excels at building new products in the early stages of product innovation, where uncertainty and lack of a clear solution are the biggest challenges. He is the founder and CEO of the digital innovation firm 5D Vision, with offices in Washington, DC and Rome, Italy. He provides consulting and training to organizations of any size, helping them become more innovative with product mastery, agile methodologies and design thinking.
Formerly a Director of Product Development at Capital One where he led digital transformation initiatives for retail bank and transformed how customers interact with bankers. Before Capital One, Valerio was the co-founder and CEO of Goozex (sold in 2012), a Systems Engineer at Cisco, and the co-founder of one of the first web development companies in Italy.
He is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), and SAFe Program Consultant (SPC). He’s also certified IDEO Design Thinking. He holds an MBA from the University of Maryland, and an MS/BS degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering from the University of Rome, Italy.
He is the author of Deliver Great Products That Customers Love, published in 2018.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR TRAINER:
"Thanks for the very interactive and informative session. This is the only virtual class I have really enjoyed." - John
"Your class was the best ever!! I thoroughly enjoyed it and actually remember the subject matter because of the way it was presented." - Joyce
"I must say this was one of the rare trainings I’ve been to that was actually useful. Really great job." - Andrew
"Just wanted to say thank you so very much for your fantastic class – it was so helpful not only from a CSM prep perspective but in general for helping me to think of ways that I can help transform my organization, especially our HR department! I am proud to say that I scored a 100% on my CSM test" - Rich