Cryptocurrency & Blockchain Fundamentals (CCBF)
OverviewA cryptocurrency is a digital token designed to work as a medium of exchange or a method of record keeping or a new way of transferring value/assets. Blockchain is the underlying technology behind various Cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrencies use cryptographic algorithms to secure and verify transactions and to control the creation of new tokens. Cryptocurrencies are decentralized (hosted by the network users themselves) allowing them to work outside of the over-regulated world of the banking and finance sector. They can work cross-boarders, in a timely and efficient manner, with extremely low transaction fees. They can be used in humanitarianism, commercial banking, insurance, personal finance, venture funding, healthcare, manufacturing etc.
Cryptocurrency & Blockchain Fundamentals (CCBF) Certification provides an overview of the cryptocurrencies, how to buy them, and the underlying Blockchain technology.
A Blockchain is a shared and decentralized ledger of all transactions across a peer-to-peer network. It is a new way of transferring value/assets.
- Anything of value can be tracked and traded on a blockchain network, reducing risk and cutting costs.
- An asset can be tangible: house, car, cash, land or intangible like intellectual property, such as patents, copyrights or branding.
and Professionals, including software
developers, who like to learn
about Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain
Technology. The Learning Objectives
do not require software programming.
An introduction to cryptocurrencies and how to buy them
- What is a Cryptocurrency?
- First Cryptocurrency.
- What is the potential?
- Open Up a Cryptocurrency Wallet.
- Buying Coins From a Cryptocurrency Exchange.
- Buying Coins From Forums and Crypto Communities.
- Buying Coins From Friends.
- Coinbase Wallet or similar wallet.
- Buying Bitcoin from Coinbase or similar Exchange.
An introduction to blockchain technology
- Introduction to Blockchain.
- History of Blockchain.
- What is Blockchain?
- How Blockchain works.
- Sending Money.
- Trust in Blockchain.
- Blockchain Mining.
- Consensus in Blockchain.
- Benefits of Blockchain.
- Blockchain Participants and Roles.
- Types of Blockchain.
- Blockchain for Business.