PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (PDUS) AND SCRUM EDUCATION UNITS (SEUS)
Attendees may be eligible to apply PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
CLAIMING SEU CREDITS WITH THE SCRUM ALLIANCE:
Category B: Scrum Alliance Courses or Coaching
There is no limit to the number of SEUs you can submit in this category by working with Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainers (CSTs), Coaches (CTCs and CECs) and Registered Education Providers (REPs). However, a minimum of 14 SEUs is required in this category for CSP certification. Allowable SEUs in this category include working with Scrum Alliance CSTs, Coaches, and REPs. A full day of training is equal to a maximum of 8 SEUs.
When submitting SEUs, your options for Category B are:
- Received CSM Training.
- Received CSPO Training.
- Received CSD Training.
- Received Training from a CST (including video training).
- Received Training from a REP (only approved courses and trainers).
- Received Coaching by a CEC.
Category C: Outside Events
Up to 15 SEUs may be earned by participating in other relevant events not sponsored by Scrum Alliance, such as Agile conferences, regional interest group meetings, training from someone who is not a CST or a REP course that is not approved for Category B. Activities in Category C are attended face to face, and you are receiving rather than providing services. SEUs are earned at a rate of one credit per hour of active participation.
When submitting SEUs, your options for Category C are:
- Received face-to-face training outside of Scrum Alliance.
- Attended live Scrum/Agile events outside of Scrum Alliance.
- Attended user group events outside of Scrum Alliance.
- Received coaching or mentoring outside of Scrum Alliance.
CLAIMING PDU CREDITS WITH THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE:
CATEGORY B: Continuing Education
- By completing an academic course being offered by a university or college. (OR)
- By attending relevant educational courses offered by training organizations NOT registered with PMI. This may include training (or a Webinar) offered by your employer, another professional or membership association, or a non R.E.P. training organization.
When only a portion of a course relates to your credential area of expertise, calculate PDUs by the percentage of the overall curriculum focused on the topic. Report each course separately. Entire degree programs will not be recognized for PDU credits, only individual courses.
PDU Rule: 1 hour of instruction related to project management, project risk, project scheduling, or program management equals 1 PDU. You can report PDUs in 0.25, 0.50 and 0.75 increments DU Rule:
Documentation required upon PMI audit/request:
- If an academic course: please provide the transcript or grade report indicating a passing mark.
- If a non-PMI REP or Community course: please provide the registration form, certificate or letter of attendance, and a brochure or course materials (syllabus) outlining the subject matter covered and the qualifications of the instructor/lecturer.